Thursday, December 03, 2009

Bran Ferren - Leadership



Bran Ferren is an imagineering alumnus and co-founder of the coolest company in the world (with the simplest website).

At two hours, this lecture is long, but it flies by (and I won't normally watch anything on the Internet longer than 4 minutes). Bran is so lucid and inspiring that his enthusiasm is infectious.

I was reminded of some old Feynman lectures I have seen, also to MIT students as I recall. Feynman's lecture was outside (it was the 60's) and the questions were about anti-gravity (it was the 60's), Ferren's lecture was inside and mentioned business and the military-industrial complex without being heckled (it wasn't the 60's). Whether this is progress or not is left as an exercise for the reader.

I can't remember who turned me on to this, so apologies for omitting credit. Probably BoingBoing.

WARNING: Not safe for people with pogonophobia!

No comments: